Friday, February 17, 2006

Chuck Pennacchio: Part I; Chuck v. Casey

Lately, I've heard a lot about Chuck Pennacchio. Let me rephrase: I noticed a pamphlet at Webster's used book store/coffee shop (State College's progressive hangout). Pennacchio argues for many of my big issues: a living wage, reproductive rights, universal health care, separation of church and state to name a few. Oh, and by the way he stated opposition to the Alito nomination.

Bob Casey is the establishment favorite to challenge Rick "man-on-dog" Santorum for Pennsylvania's contested Senate seat in 2006. Casey opposes every woman's right to her body, stem cell research, an Iraq exit strategy, approves of the Alito nomination and Los Diez commandments in public buildings. Overall, he pretty much sounds like a wang. If I were a Democrat, I would vote for Chuck Pennacchio over Bob Casey Jr. any day

Be that as it may, the powers that be have picked Casey and their man against little Ricky "women belong at home" Santorum. By pumping lots of money into Casey's campaign (he has 3.5 million at present) the establishment is throwing Chuck under the car. Apparently, they think that the best way to beat Santorum is to take a Republican-lite approach (i.e. if you can't beat'em join'em).

Pardon me while I dry heave...

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

Would you switch your registration to Democrat to vote for Chuck? That is what all Greens should do. He's a green in Dem clothing, which many of us are.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Shlomo Boudreaux said...

Charlie:

I like to say that being a progressive is about action, not ideology. So, yes, I am going to change my affiliation to Democrat to vote for Chuck. Your question has inspired me to post about it.

Also, thanks for reading and commenting on The Cajun Jew. You are the first former U.S. Senate candidate to do so. It's an honor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home