Saturday, April 15, 2006

Report on Chuck's Visit to Greensburg

I'm a little late in posting this, but Joyce Luzier of Centre County heard Chuck Pennacchio and Ed Rendell speak in Greensburg a week or so ago. As always, Chuck was his dynamic self. Here is her account:
We arrived just in time to hear Chuck give his talk as he was one of the first ones to speak. His talk was interrupted many times with loud applause!!! The crowd loved what he had to say. He was his usual COURAGEOUS, TRUTHFUL, DYNAMIC, and PASSIONATE SELF. I thought, "How lucky we were to be there!" When leaving, he stopped and talked to me and remembered me from State College. He asked if I had come to hear the Governor and I said, "No, I didn't even know he was going to be here. I came to hear YOU!" He was very honored and appreciative. He said he was on his way to Altoona and I said "I'll see you there tomorrow!"

THE NEXT SPEAKER WAS OUR GOVERNOR RENDELL! I was very impressed as Gov. Rendell listed many of the accomplishments of his administration -- and THERE WERE MANY -- and many have not gotten into the newspapers. I was trying to remember them all, but then he said he is working on making a list of them so we can have it available when we talk to people. He said that what he was most proud of in his term as Governor of Philadelphia was that he was working as hard for the people on his last day as he was on his first
day -- and he will KEEP working!!!!

Almost all the candidates that were running for office were there, except Casey -- and Catherine Knoll who was attending the funeral of a dear friend. It was a very interesting two hours and then when leaving we were treated to a package of chocolate chip cookies from Rendell/Knoll and coffee and punch. I talked to several people and said I was there to hear Chuck Pennacchio, and if they were for someone else, I said "We just have to stay united so that we WIN and
get our country back!!!"
Gotta love the chocolate chip cookies. Thanks Joyce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home