Friday, February 17, 2006

Chuck Pennacchio: Part II; Ethics or Strategy?

Now, the progressive netroots have not made a concerted effort on behalf of Pennacchio. He has little name recogontion and even less cash on hand (about $9,ooo). Pennacchio's campaign might never get off the ground. It seems that Casey's double digit lead over Santorum made Democratic primary challengers a non-issue for fundraisers. After all, a win is a win, right? I think not.

The netroots are positively giddy about Ned Lamont (the progressive challenging Joe Lieberman in the Connecticut primaries). They scream about how much of a scoundrel Lieberman is and that he must be replaced with a real Democrat and I couldn't agree more. What irritates me is that Casey will be another Lieberman. In six years, everyone will yell about how much of a pseudo-Republican Bob Casey is and hope that he loses in the primaries. Maybe if Pennacchio was funded today, we wouldn't have to fight Casey in the future.

Yes, Casey would make it one person closer to a Democratic majority in the Senate. At which point there could be investigations into all of the scandals and lies from the past five years. But dammit, I can't vote for a man with whom I fundamentally disagree on so many issues.

Ethics or strategy...

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger eRobin said...

And putting Casey through the primaries is bad strategy, as I've suggested at my place. He's probably the only person in PA who can't beat Man-on-Dog.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Shlomo Boudreaux said...

I agree eRobin. I would not be suprised that if Casey wins the primary election, his approval numbers fall as November approaches. Casey is running on his father's name and the fact that he is not Rick Santorum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home