Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Yearly Kos: The Northeast Caucus

Several caucuses were set up for bloggers to network with their local colleagues. I dropped by the Northeast caucus in the hopes of meeting some fellow Pennacchioites to grumble about Casey--I know, I should be more positive, because he is better than Santorum.

Once the room filled up (to standing room only) people were asked to say their names, handles, and offer a bit about their blogging interests. When it came around to my turn, I gave my name and said that I write The Cajun Jew. At which point I went on to say, "Lately, I've been writing a lot about the Pennsylvania Senate primary. Unfortunately, when the progressive candidate lost, we were stuck with Bob Casey, who will be the next Joe Lieberman, to challenge Rick Santorum." Someone hissed--very mature. I love the irony of how so many Kossacks supported Ned Lamont to the extreme yet also support Bob Casey.

After everyone introduced him/herself, we split up by state affiliation. I wanted to hear other PA bloggers' opinions about Casey. Many thought that all the fuss was about Casey's anti-choice position. When I mentioned his other "problem areas," a few people appeared unsettled. I chatted with the blogger, Adam B, who had hissed at me. We bickered back and forth about Casey and Chuck. The fact that I agreed to vote for Casey in the general election helped my case with him. He was a nice guy but didn't seem to mind too much about Casey's negatives. Oh well...

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Shlomo Boudreaux said...

Love is a tremendous motivator too, Alex. But I'll agree with you, in this case, that Santorum certainly inspires plenty of hate.

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home